2020 SCGA ONE-DAY SERIES TOURNAMENT
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20
Olivas Links GC
3750 Olivas Park Drive
Ventura, CA 93001
18-holes, 2-Person Net & Gross. After each shot, the better of the two players’ shots is selected and both players will play from that spot, until the ball is holed. Each player is required to use 6 drives. One team score is recorded for each hole.
Player A (lower handicapped player) will receive 35% of their Course Handicap. Player B (higher handicapped player) will receive 15% of their Course Handicap. Each player’s Course Handicap will be rounded to a whole number. Team Handicaps are based on the combined Course Handicaps. All players will play to their Current Handicap Index as of November 12th, 2020.
There will be no formal registration for this event.
STARTING TIMES AND PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be e-mailed to players and posted on scga.org one week in advance of the tournament.
- Starting times will range from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 10:30 a.m.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at their assigned tee well in advance of their starting time, as the SCGA starter will have information to discuss with each player in the group. Furthermore, players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late. Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off.
- Materials such as tees, pencils, and hole location sheets will not be distributed until further notice. Refer to the SCGA COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions for further instructions.
- Players may make arrangements for practice rounds at their own expense.
- Call Olivas Links GC at (805) 677-6770 to make tee times for any day of the week.
- Practice round fee is $30 (Cart Included) Monday-Friday and $45 before noon on weekends.
All MEN will play from the WHITE tee markers. CR: 69.5 / Slope 121 /Approx. 6,097 yards / Par: 72
All WOMEN will play from the TEAL tee markers. CR: 72.1 / Slope: 126 / Approx. 5,348 yards / Par: 72
The driving range will be open at 6:30 a.m. on the day of the event. A PIN number will be given to players in order to obtain balls. Range balls will be provided compliments of Olivas Links Golf Club and the SCGA.
FOOD SERVICE AND PURCHASES:
Snacks and pre-packaged foods will be available in the pro shop.
RULES OF PLAY:
- Players must familiarize themselves with the SCGA’s COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions.
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the SCGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the tournament.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy
AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION / PULL CARTS & PUSH CARTS:
This tournament is a walking-only event. For players with medical or ADA-related concerns, or for whom walking 18 holes is excessively difficult, arrangements to secure a golf cart can be made by contacting the SCGA at email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to the tournament. Further, if you wish to withdraw from this event as a result of this policy change, please contact us as soon as possible and a full refund will be issued.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Caddies are prohibited until further notice.
- Spectators are permitted and may ride in a cart for $16 (based on availability). Spectators must adhere to all policies set forth by the club and must maintain social distancing at all times.
- Players must be properly attired in golf shirts, slacks, Bermuda-length dress or golf shorts and soft spike shoes.
- Shirts must be tucked in and hats must be worn forward.
- Jeans (any color or any kind), T-shirts, and tank tops are prohibited.
ONE-DAY SERIES POINTS PROGRAM & ONE-DAY SERIES MATCH PLAY CHAMPIONSHIP:
One-Day Series participants will receive points for participating in each One-Day Tournament, with top finishers earning additional points based on their Net finish. For more information on the SCGA One-Day Series Points Program, the One-Day Series Player of the Year award, and the One-Day Series Match Play Championship, click here.
The top finishers will receive the following point denominations in addition to the participation bonus.
1st – 100 points 6th – 25 points
2nd – 65 points 7th – 20 points
3rd – 50 points 8th – 15 points
4th – 35 points 9th – 10 points
5th – 30 points 10th – 5 points
Participation Bonus – 25 points
- To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of a SCGA competition, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or (818) 980-3630.
- If a player needs to withdraw on the morning of the competition, notify the SCGA staff person through the golf shop staff at the host venue.
- Failure to notify the SCGA will subject the player to suspension from future SCGA competitions.
- Refund Policy:
- Cancelation prior to the entry closing date: Full refund less a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancelation after the entry closing date and more than 48 hours prior to the start of the competition: 50% of the entry fee.
- Cancelation within 48 hours of the start of the competition: No refund.
For a complete listing of SCGA competition policies and procedures, click here.